How can you dare to live your dream?

 „Welcome to Hollywood! What's your dream?
Everybody who comes to Hollywood has a dream!”

Can you imagine how can anyone go....

from wearing suits, driving Mercedes, and being driven by finding self-worth in making money 

to living on a farm, driving a small tractor, growing vegetables, and making goat cheese. 

An call all that a DREAM.







Just how far out is this scenario from you?

How does it make you feel when you read this?

     It may be far out as you could never imagine leaving the comfort and the materialistic world.

    It could be also something you always wanted but could never see yourself taking steps toward it. So it remained an unfulfilled desire as you continue justifying why you are clinging to your work and business what you don’t enjoy anymore. But it makes you money.

     Maybe you made peace with yourself this is faith that it is others who should live their dreams but you.

    Then here is the doubt: „What will they say about me if I lived my dream?”

„What will the kids or parents say if they get to know it? How will I stand being ridiculed if I step on the path of my dream?’

Since it was my hubby’s 62nd birthday yesterday, I thought, what a great idea to take his example. Raised by parents who conditioned him that he won't have any future so why study. He has been working since the age of 14, yet continued to study on his own. Studied anything by himself from books he was interested in – even law. Spending 38 years in business. Being driven by achievement on every level. Driving a different car every 3-6 months riding big speed bikes, and spends for fun while providing well for his family and children. Gained a lot of weight in the process then when reached 147kg realized, that life should be something else than this.

The search for meaning has begun. Getting into many different kinds of meditation methods to studying the mind, divorce, getting lost in the search for meaning yet starting a healthy active lifestyle. Losing weight and looking into the deeper meaning of life. That's how he found me and vipassana meditation.

It took him a good 2 years to calm down. We could not go on a holiday so he could enjoy the view or the fact that we are doing nothing for more than 20 minutes.

I kept encouraging him to find things to do what he enjoys, which is not linked to money. So came playing the Hungarian musical instrument the citera. Another year later he took a 3 weeks trip to India to meditate even more. He spent time in the Sri Aurobindo Ashram in New Delhi. Being immersed in nature's beauty he finally realized. He wants a garden. He wants to grow things. Upon arriving home he made a 3m by 3 m little vegetable patch in our backyard. Then he realized that he wants a farm. He studied all the natural ways of growing food on youtube and being in special groups on Fb. Then came the goats and the rest of the other animals. He learned to make goat chees too. Of course from youtube.

He feels at peace by finding his calling. He is finally brave to say out loud „ I am a farmer” – instead of „I am a businessman”

Realizing all this took time and continuous meditation practice to clean the mind. Clean the clutter and fears which were holding him back. Cleaning the plugs, which were blocking his intuitive power and faith to stand beside his dream.

How does society, even the wider family and people who have been engulfed in the materialistic world view all this process?

-          „He must have gone crazy!”

-          „Is he out of his mind?”

-          „Why on earth would anyone do this?”

-          „Oh, see the city guy trying to grow vegetables!”

 

Even though he enjoys my full support his mind still asks me: „How do you take the fact that I am doing farming?”

What would you say if it was your spouse?

What do you think I said?

 I said: „I married you without expectations. I am happy when you are happy. If this makes you happy because this is your calling you have to give it a good shot. We are all here to experience what our intuition tells us to experience. We need to do this to reach the necessary growth we are here. And who am I to take this experience away from you? If you do noble and ethical things in life which serve all no matter what you do I will be proud of you. Never question your intuition, and don't try to understand it intellectually. Only later you will understand why did you need to do this what you do now”

What can be the further struggles for anyone who lives their dreams?

 – that you feel alone. Your family thinks you are crazy and they don’t really pay attention to the value you are creating. How can they ask any questions when they are so engulfed in creating material gains. Recall yourself, you have been there before too.

What do you have to focus on?

You have to get your inner self-support so strong to withstand what others say. You have to have a clear vision of what you want and why you want it -- based on your intuition.

Keep the mental picture of your goal in front of you every single day.

Both of our dreams are building a meditation center which is on a ground where we grow our own food. Where people can come to stay with us and learn self-sustained living while meditating. Build a place -- the island of peace --where people can walk in. They can leave their hectic life. A place where we can provide the necessary transitioning time and place to unlearn and relearn.

 

Just as I have been working for my goal and dream, life calling for the past 14 years, I had to realize: We have to be ready with our human characters to have this place.

I have to keep teaching no matter what life circumstance comes to me. Keep teaching even when low funds are coming in. Keep teaching when people question me and think I am crazy. I must pass the test to stand by my inner calling to teach no matter what. I have to develop a solid faith in teaching. Since I do that, all is taken care of. In some miraculous ways, all works out.

What do you think about how crazy my family thinks I am? They all had a different agenda for me. Even up to now they don't know what I do. „Oh, you wrote another book? Nice front cover.”

However, it is no longer bothersome for me. I just smile. I no longer seek understanding from anyone who is here to test me.

It is enough for me to understand them, accept them, rise above and ask about their lives. Wish them the best.

When you step on the path of your dreams, in many circumstances, people try to stop you. They are hurdles and tests to give you the necessary growth. So just keep going. And when you pass these tests, you will find other people to surface and cross your path. Those people are your soul family. They are your support in unimaginable ways.

 

I was hoping to bring you some inspiration today. How well did I do on that?

So let me ask you now, like at the end of the movie Pretty Woman :

„Welcome to Hollywood! What's your dream?

Everybody who comes to Hollywood has a dream!”


With lots of love,

Dr. Zsu - who helps you to find your dream within you

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A 2,500-Year-Old Wisdom That Can Transform Your Relationships

When You Know Better, But You Still Do It

The 6 Qualities That Create True Harmony