What is a "Risky" Business - How can you manage risks effectively?

Dear Friends,

We have been talking about a very important subject, that is CHOICES. 

Having sorted out that after all, we have choices in life the next topic is to explore risk.

What do you consider to be a risk:

- in business

- in life

- in love


If I asked you to list a few things that you feel are risky in your profession, in business—what would those be?







                                                Photocredit: Benjamin Davis Unsplash.com


How would you define risk?

               I would define risk as anything, which has a questionable outcome where one can feel the possible loss right upfront.

Have you made a risky choice, while having a small doubt in you about it? 

Why do you think the doubt was there?

What did it signal you?

Did you take care of what the doubt was asking you?

No.

And of course, the business fell through.


On another note:

Have you put it all in something you were sure of and with that great confidence of absolute winning--and it came true?

Why, do you think that is?


I know you like to know my answer. If I may please add:


It came true for the one very first reason: you had nothing to lose. You had no expectations of the outcome.


I have restarted my life from zero-- four times. Every time I got to a much higher level than I had ever been before. I don't know if I was conscious at that time, or how I made those choices. However, it is clear today.

This is what I did next:

I managed risk by going through a small contemplation:

-I knew that „It will be much better than it was before” 

-I also took a chance by putting faith in the power of change. 

-I also had the gut feeling pointing me in the direction and developed an unquestionable answer to say yes. 


Have I fallen on my face due to my decisions?

Oh yes!

I fall on my face because fear guided my decisions. I chose certain things so I thought that person or situation will solve my problem for me! I know all those were life lessons for me to grow. 


What did I learn from all those? If you allow me I share it with you:

How can one get make a sound choice and make a calculated risk?

  • By doing the groundwork your due diligence. 
  • First is to settle your values
  • Be patient
  • Find out about the other person, and who they are as human beings. Take your time to experience who they are. Preferably, pay attention to how they resolve difficult situations. 
  • Find out their business values and human values. Learn to ask questions and listen to the answer.  
  • Take time to see the motivation behind their business. What is the highest goal. Is the person has a colorful business image only and if they are great talkers or doers.
  • Calculated the consequences. What if it fell through? Were you ok with it?

And the rest you must hand over to God’s, the Universe.


If you did the due diligence, can it be anything still risky?

Can you lose anything? 


I face a decision involving finances and serious life changes, the very last question to ask and answer:: 

What I can lose by not taking on the opportunity?


Have you seen your life and relationship choices?

Is it any different than the choices or risks you take in business?

Do you do the due diligence about the other person, or just act on your „chemistry”?


How much can you risk by having an affair while having a family on your own? How much can you lose by using the affair as an escape from not ficóxing what is needed in your current marriage?


Would you do a business decision based on an escape from a current problem? 

Now I call that a real big risk. Not fixing yourself and your business values first. If you don't do that, you won't see real honest opportunity either. 


So what I say is the biggest risk:

- staying in ignorance and 

- not discovering yourself as a human being, 

- not cleaning out the fears and doubts, your restlessness, dependencies, anxieties, mental-emotional lethargy, greediness, hatred, and ill-will.


If you don1t clean these out, you have nothing else left by the law of attraction, than to attract business and relationships based on greed and fear. 


Enormous risk is:

- sitting back and waiting for others

- resenting your misfortunes and blaming everyone else,

- know that you know it all and you are done with learning and progressing. 


Not living life to discovering all the experiences it holds for you as gifts - is the biggest risk --if you ask me.

               

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A 2,500-Year-Old Wisdom That Can Transform Your Relationships

When You Know Better, But You Still Do It

The 6 Qualities That Create True Harmony